1. Have sound knowledge on where you want to visit. The place should be known or you can do research concerning the place. Inquire through the phone or make a pre-visit.
2. Make sure you know how bookings and payments are done. Do they take couples, families, group of people? Which age and how long you intend to stay? Other recreational activities too, like swimming so you carry a swimming kit.
3. Just in case you are traveling to a strange place for the first time, ensure you know the climatic conditions. This way you can pack suitable attire; if it is cold, carry warm clothes and if its warm carry light clothes.
4. Is the place near a market? Can you buy necessities whenever in need? If it’s far you should buy everything you need to use in advance.
5. Ask about basic necessities e.g, food and whether they cater to special dietary needs.
6. Carry extra money in case of an unforeseen event. Things don’t always work out as planned when you hit the road
7. Set your own clear rules in case you are traveling as a group. Ensure fellow travelers are aware of and respect them.
8. Carry a simple medical kit. In case of minor accidents you can give first aid to the casualties before rushing them to hospital.
9. Thoroughly research the destination, and its neighboring places. Are they friendly? What is the mode of transportation?
With those travel tips, plan your vacation and enjoy!
Great reads of the week
European trip update: Sevilla and Morocco – Reach Financial Independence.
How to Travel for Free – Frugal Rules
Comparing the Comparison Sites in Canada – Canadian Budget Binder
US Airways Premier MasterCard Review – Money Smart Guides
Investing is Like Hiking – The College Investor